Our Clients Come First | Incisive representation in Business and Commercial Litigation.
At Horne Slaton we have has extensive experience in handling appeals matters both in Arizona and up to the Supreme Court of the United States. We understand the expertise necessary to: defend an appeal, prosecute an appeal, create effective post trial motions, and identify possible issues in pursuing an appeal. In certain instances the particular appeal matters originate from a client that Horne Slaton represented at the trial level, however, frequently, clients seek us out for our expertise in a particular area and in areas of law with which we are familiar.
Our Firm in Appellate Courts:
- Tom Horne served as Arizona’s Attorney General from 2010 to 2014.
- As Attorney General, Tom personally argued cases in the Arizona Superior Court, Arizona Supreme Court, Federal District Court and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- He personally argued for the State of Arizona before the United States Supreme Court in two cases.
- Sandra Slaton has argued cases at the Arizona Supreme Court level, Federal District Court, Ninth Circuit, and has litigated up to the level of the United States Supreme Court for over 30 years in practice.
- Some of Sandra’s cases have resulted in ground-breaking precedent.
- Slaton is a champion of fighting for upholding her clients’ constitutional rights.
What Does An AV Rating Mean?
An AV® Rating, signifies that the lawyer has reached the heights of professional excellence. He or she has usually practiced law for a number of years, and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.